Want to work for us?
Against The Grain is a great place to work in a great location. We're an eclectic group of foodies, and you'll find us smart, often highly-educated, and always interesting. All of us are committed to making the best products possible, supporting the local economy, and making a difference for the gluten-free community. We offer great wages, paid time off, paid holidays, and full medical benefits for all full-time positions.
Production Baker/Line Worker
We have multiple openings for production bakers/line workers. These are full-time positions.
You must be able to lift 65+ pounds from a bending position, take direction well, follow precise instructions in a timely manner, and work well both independently and with others. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, high quality standards, and a positive attitude. Attention to detail is essential. We prefer candidates with some commercial kitchen or food production/manufacturing experience.
Responsibilities: Ingredient preparation, dough production, product packaging, and/or line work. Some shifts conclude with facility clean up. This is satisfying, physically demanding work in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements: Applicant must be at least 18 years of age, with a valid High School Diploma or GED.
Work hours: 40 hour work week, an eight-hour shift, Monday - Friday, 1:30pm - 9:30pm shifts available. Occasional overtime.
Compensation: Starting salary of $16/hour, with an opportunity for a raise of $1 at both 6 and 12 months depending on performance. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision benefits, a $2000 company paid HRA plan, 14 paid days off, 8 paid holidays, a 401(k) retirement plan (with employer contributions), an employee assistance program, and other supplemental benefits (including life insurance).
Click Here to Apply
Part Time Custodian
Our Part Time Custodian position works independently to clean, sanitize and maintain good manufacturing standards throughout our facility. Being a food production company, we are committed to a clean and disinfected work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain overall cleanliness of our facility; including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping down tables, chair and counters.
- Responsible for certain trash and recycling runs.
- Moving chairs, furniture, etc. in order to ensure proper cleaning needs.
- Regular upkeep of certain facility areas to include: locker room, cubicles, conference room, factory store, offices, breakroom and hallways.
- Once a month refrigerator clean out.
- Ensure proper sanitations and disinfectants are used depending on the area being cleaned.
- Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications: A knowledge of and experience with custodial duties, especially related to food production and food handling.
Work Conditions: This is a factory setting with lots of moving parts. It can be chaotic and noisy at times. Being aware of your surroundings is a must. Although the production floor has good air flow, the temperatures may be a little higher than usual due to the ovens and boiling in certain areas.
Work hours: 12-15 hour work week, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays 4-5 Hours each, 2nd shift, $26.00 per hour.
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50+ pounds from bending position; back and upper body strength required.
- Reaching/Bending: Must reach repeatedly for objects at shoulder level or bend and reach for objects below waist level: repetitive motion.
- Grasping: Holding objects for extending periods of time: some repetitive motion is required.
- Standing/Walking: Must stand for most of workday. Must walk quickly across the facility to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Pivoting/Rotating: Specific duties require repetitively grasping objects, with upper body pivoting and rotating.
- Pulling/Pushing: May pull and/or push certain furniture to clean more effectively.
Click Here to Apply