Director of Manufacturing & Operations
Against the Grain
Brattleboro, VT 05301
We are looking for a driven and passionate individual to join Against the Grain team as the Director of Manufacturing/Operations. This individual will be responsible for managing all plant operations while ensuring high levels of Safety, Quality and Productivity are met. This person will ensure site wide adherence to Good Manufacturing Processes (HACCP, sanitation, etc.) at all times and coordinates plant activities with direct reports to achieve overall manufacturing objectives are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Competitive pay driven by prior work experiences. We offer health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) contribution, PTO, bonus potential, and career advancement opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for total site and manufacturing headcount
- Implement and manage systems and processes that both minimize production costs and waste and maximizes production outputs.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish company’s goals and objectives
- Coach Supervisors/Team Members in all areas of performance
- Maintain and/or improve all Operations related KPIs at site
- Manage all production employees (65-80 employees) including annual performance evaluations across all levels – Supervisors, Frontline Team Members, etc.
- Collaborate directly with HR Department to ensure employee issues or concerns are addressed and resolved
- Work with all other departments at site to drive results
- Map out long-term capacity expansion through CapEx initiatives and facility enhancements.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Manage annual budget for capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor
- Lead the transformation of facility to a more automated process
- Training team to help grow their professional development.
- Proven ability to lead team to high levels of performance
- Proven managerial experience
- Ability to understand and use data analytics to drive site wide results
- Firm comprehension of industry standard Safety, Quality, Productivity and Inventory processes and Best Practices
- High Emotional IQ
- Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
- Proficiency with commonly available manufacturing-based software programs including performance management tools, Excel, NetSuite, etc.
- Food industry and significant management experience preferred
Against the Grain is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.