Natural Sales Manager
Against the Grain
Brattleboro, VT 05301
We are searching for a driven and self-starter individual to join our growing team as the Natural Sales Manager. This position will report to the Senior Director of Sales and become the face of the brand within the Natural Channel industry. This individual will be responsible for achieving our business objectives as well as managing brokers, customers, and distributors. They will also be responsible for developing customer-specific strategies and creating fact-based presentations to drive both distribution and velocity.
- Competitive pay driven by prior work experiences. We offer health insurance, dental, vision, 401(k) contribution, PTO, bonus potential, and career advancement opportunities.
- Assist with sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting.
- Own the execution and delivery of annual sales targets for the Natural Channel.
- Ownership over key accounts: INFRA, NCG, NGVC, The Fresh Market, and other regional chains.
- Account Acquisition: Work with broker team to gain distribution at new regional chains and independents.
- Establish goals and targets for the broker team to execute on a quarterly basis
- Create dynamic customer presentations focusing on the brand story and brand opportunities
- Build, manage, and submit all aspects of trade promotion within channel to ensure maximum ROI
- Identify and oversee launch plans within the channel
- Ensure execution of retail and shopper marketing programs
- Travel 30% including team offsite meetings, trade shows & customer/market visits.
- 3-5 years of professional sales experience (organic/natural products, natural channel strongly preferred)
- CPG industry experience (specifically in a startup environment)
- 2+ years of experience with syndicated data platforms (SPINS)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven analytical skills
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills bringing positivity & professionalism to all interactions
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency while working with multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility to pivot quickly while working within specific timelines and towards multiple deadlines
- Thirst for knowledge & desire for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in demandtec and 1worldsync is a plus (not required)
Against the Grain is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.