Against the Grain
Brattleboro, VT 05301
The purpose of the Production Baker / Line Worker position is to work as part of a team to create gluten-free products. Against the Grain is committed to making the best products possible, supporting the local economy, and making a difference for the gluten-free community.
- $ 17.50 - 18.50 / Hour
- 10 paid Holidays (1 floating)
- 122 hours PTO/year
- Generous rate increases yearly
- Health insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K with Company Match
Hours: Multiple Shifts Available
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ingredient preparation
- Dough production
- Product packaging
- Line work
- Factory cleaning
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to follow precise instructions in a timely manner
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-pace and physically demanding job environment
- Possession of a positive attitude
- Understanding of high-quality standards
- High School Diploma/GED
- This job requires the ability to work in a fast-pace environment. Although the production floor has good airflow, the temperatures may be a little higher than usual due to the ovens.
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 75+ pounds from bending position; back and upper body strength required.
- Reaching/Bending: Must reach repeatedly for objects at shoulder level, or bend and reach for objects below waist level: repetitive motion.
- Grasping: Holding objects for extending periods of time: some repetitive motion is required.
- Standing/Walking: Must stand for most of the workday. Must walk quickly across the facility to respond to oven alarms. We employ rubber mats to cushion concrete floors at stations where the employee must stand for long periods of time.
- Pivoting/Rotating: Specific stations require repetitively grasping objects, with the upper body pivoting and rotating.
- Pulling/Pushing: Must pull and/or push pallets of product with weights of up to 800 pounds on a pallet jack; jack is pulled/pushed across a smooth floor with little resistance, but it does require some upper-body strength. Logistics personnel with fork trucks move larger pallets of product or raw materials.
Against the Grain is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.